www.IdeaGeorge.com All of the following statements are opinion pieces the factuality of which are up to the discretion of the reader and are offered as starting points for discussion and consideration for those interested in improving our government and society in general.
Self Defense is Subsumed in theConstitution Under the Declaration of Independence.
The American Declaration of Independence Second Paragraph states, “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” Therefore, since, “…Life…” is an unalienable Right, it follows that self-defense and the defense of the life of others that there’s an unalienable Constitutional Right of a woman to obtain an abortion to preserve her life and the rights of those who perform an abortion for that purpose. Because nowhere in the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution is the protection of the Life mentioned for a fetus or is a fetus defined as being the equivalent of a person with that protection, abortion is a Constitutional Right. Further, "…the pursuit of Happiness...” includes the health of the pregnant woman and not being required to carry a non-consensual pregnancy to term.
Much Worse Than We Thought
Ultimately, the only long-term solution to keep our democratic form of government is to increase the number of liberal pro-democracy justices on the Supreme Court because otherwise any legislation passed by Congress that the anti-democratic pro-autocracy minority doesn’t agree with will be challenged in the Supreme Court and overturned by its currently conservative six to three majority.
The Supreme Court and all Federal Courts Rebalancing, Democratization and Continuation Amendment
The Supreme Court Shall permanently be an odd number of Justices to be determined by a majority vote of both Congress and each Federal Court shall have a permanent odd number of Justices.
All Supreme Court Justices and Federal Judges shall serve only once for a term of eight years in all Federal Courts unless elevated to a higher Court in which case they’ll get an additional four years each time for a lower court and eight years for the Supreme Court.
The President shall nominate prospective Justices and the Senate shall give its advice and consent by majority vote.
The President may only appoint a maximum of two Justices during his or her per his current four-year term to any Court and if additional vacancies occur and there’s two years or less left in the current term of the President, then the President’s nominee must be confirmed by a majority vote of both houses of Congress. This restriction shall not be applicable to the initial increase of the number of Justices.
If a nominee isn’t confirmed within ninety days, then that nominee shall serve until the next election, if a subsequently confirmed he or she’s total term including the temporary appointment shall still be eight years.
If a current Justice’s term expires while they’ve begun deliberations on a case, then their vote on that case shall be counted in the Court’s decision.
If there are an even number of Justices due to a vacancy or recusals, then all Justices except those recused shall vote on the matter and have their opinions published, but to avoid tie votes one Justice’s vote shall not be counted toward the Court's ruling as determined by a random drawing.
Democrats should stop worrying about eliminating the Filibuster because just as with the Supreme Court appointments as soon as the hypocritical Republican Party gets control of the senate by even if only by a tie breaking vote by their VP, they’ll eliminate the Filibuster to enable them to get everything they want. If the Democrats don’t eliminate the Filibuster now, it’s game over for our democracy. One way or the other the Filibuster day’s are numbered, so at least the Democrats should try to eliminate the Filibuster so that our country can reap the benefits of them passing their agenda.
- Senator Mitch McConnell said that if the Republicans regain control of the Senate they'd block all of President Joe Biden's Supreme Court nominations, so I'd bet that if he was asked that he'd also say that he'd eliminate the Filibuster and thereby give the Republicans the power to end our precious democracy. Thus everything depends upon the Democratic Party getting rid of the Filibuster while they can take advantage of their control of the Senate.
- George S. Loius, Esq., Phone: 619-401-9876, also see other issues by scrolling down the page a bit www.IdeaGeorge.com
- Toward a More Perfect Union
- "Power Corrupts and Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely"
- There's a Reason That We Call Our Democracy a Great Experiment and a Work in Progress
- Constitutional Amendments for a Better Democracy
- We need The Registered Voters' Constitutional Amendment (RVCA) to begin taking the money and influence of our elected officials from the lobbyists for the big money interests. The 99 percenters need a doable goal if they want a fundamental change to the way we’re governed.
- The Supreme Court can't rule that the RVCA is an unconstitutional violation of the First Amendment because it is an Amendment. Politicians who say they’ll have a litmus test for who they’ll nominate to be judges on the Supreme Court in order to be sure that they’ll overturn/make or not make a ruling they don't like undermines the credibility of the Supreme Court's rulings because that implies that the Supreme Court decides cases on purely political grounds rather than whether the facts of a case comport with the requirements of the Constitution, which is another reason we need The RVCA. The passage of the RVCA would make elected officials more accountable to the voters they represent rather than to the special interests their lobbyists that currently hold sway and restore our government to one that’s of the people by the people, and for the people by taking money that's other than from the voters registered to vote for them.. There should be a limit that's adjusted for inflation to the total value of a registered voter's contributions for any of the purposes mentioned above in order to limit the relative influence of any single voter's total contributions. Perhaps this idea could become the rallying cry of the American 99 percenters that was in the streets protesting against the misdeeds of Wall Street and every widening wealth gap between the top 1% the of our country and the other 99%.
- In the wake the of United States Supreme Court decisions regarding political contributions such as Citizens United v. The Federal Election Commission and now McCutcheon v. The Federal Election Commission, I believe that it's important that there be a Constitutional Amendment as follows:
- The Registered Voters Contribution Amendment (RVCA) the First Amendment notwithstanding the ultimate source of any contributions of money, loans, labor, in-kind contributions or anything else of value including advertisements irrespective of coordination with a candidate/office holder or political action committee for or against any individual present or future candidates/individual ballot measures for the purpose of influencing the outcome of an election/future election are only allowed from individuals who are registered to vote in that election at the time they make their contributions. Congress will set annually adjusted limits indexed to inflation of the maximum amount that any individual contributor may contribute directly or indirectly through a third-party or entity in a National or State election per office holder including a candidate to their own campaign (That would keep the wealthy from buying their election because they are subject to the same contribution limits as everyone else.) and for or against any individual candidate or potential candidate and the maximum amount separately for or against any individual ballot measures. This Amendment applies to all elections held in the United States, its territories, and possessions whose outcome will apply to the United States in whole or in part, a State, County, City or subdivision thereof or any election therein.
- Opinions expressed regarding candidates and ballot issues by and through media organizations shall be exempt from the above-stated financial limits to the extent that the media organization disseminations of their opinions or reporting aren't financed or reimbursed by a third-party or entity for disseminating said opinions or reporting. Contributions to media organizations for disseminating their opinions or reporting may only be made by individuals registered to vote in the election for which the candidates or ballot issue are at issue and shall count against the individual's maximum allowed contribution limits for contributions to individual candidates and individual ballot issues.
- The contribution limits specified by this Amendment supersede all other provisions of the Constitution..
- Given how difficult it is to amend the Constitution individual States could implement the provisions to the RVCA for their own State election..
- Another option would be for the political parties to make it a requirement of their candidates agree to only accept contributions that agree tp abide to the terms of the RVCA and also disclose a set number of their income tax returns..
- 2. Federal Officials Expedited Court Hearings and Appeals Amendment
- The anti-run out the clock Amendment
- A case brought to enforce a Congressional Subpoena or against any Federal Official in a United States Federal District Court shall be heard within 15-days and decided within 20-days, but if not decided within 20-days, then be treated as if it was appealed and shall be heard within 15-days and decided within 25-days, but if not decided, be treated as if appealed and forwarded to the US Supreme Court and heard within 15-days and decided within 30-days, but in no case shall the total time from filing the case in a Federal District Court until a Supreme Court decision exceed 120-days.
- 3. Tolling and Pardoning Amendment
- Anyone who by virtue of holding an elected office who is exempt from any legal any process that is subject to a Statute Limitations shall have that Statute of Limitation tolled during said period of exemption plus 180-days, but in no case for less than 180-days after the office holder has left office.
- A President shall not be able to pardon themselves or any other past or future President for past, present or future potential criminal or civil offenses. Pardons may not be issued prospectively nor prior to the Pardoner’s guilt having been established on the matter to be pardoned.
- 4. The Presidential Pardoning and Clemency and Abuse of Power Amendment
- All Presidential pardons and granting of clemency shall only be valid for Federal matters and require a one-time only vote within 180-days confirming the granting thereof by at least a two-thirds approval of the Supreme Court during the current terms of the President but in no case later than 120 days after the President leaves office regardless of the reason. No pardons may be prospective. A former Vice President shall not be able to pardon a former President nor anyone specified below.
- The President shall not be allowed to pardon himself nor anyone else involved in a potential case involving himself or a potential conflict of interest for the President and would be an abuse of his pardoning power. There shall be no prospective pardons prior to a conviction. A person who'd received a pardon no longer has the Fifth Amendment right against self incrimination and thus may be held in contempt of Court and punished for refusing to testify regarding matters that were pardoned or reasonably related to the matter pardoned.
- A finding by both houses of Congress that the President abused his power shall be a sufficient ground for Impeachment.
- 5. Voter's Second Chance Impeachment and Abuse of Power Amendment
- When a President is Impeached by the House of Representatives even if not still holding office and is convicted by the Senate by a two thirds of the voting, there shall be a second vote decided by a majority of the Senators voting as to whether the President shall be permanently barred from running for any government office. If the outcome of that vote is not to bar the president permanently for running for a government office, then there may be successive majority votes to bar the President from holding a government office in four year increments up to sixteen years, but if no bar to the current or former President is agreed to, then the President shall be barred for twenty years from the date of conviction from holding any government office.
- A finding by both houses of Congress that the President abused his power is sufficient in and of itself grounds for impeachment and conviction of the Preside
- 7. Government Agency Continuity Amendment
- If within 180-days of a nomination of a person to a government position other than the Supreme Court the Senate hasn't voted on the nominee, then the nominee shall be installed in the position unless removed for cause by a majority vote of the Senate or a replacement nominee by the President has been approved subject to the same 180-day requirement.
- 8. The Right of Congressional to Litigate the Enforcement of its Subpoenas Amendment
- Notwithstanding objections of the Executive Branch/political considerations/prior court decisions the Constitution shall permit the Congress to litigate the validity of its subpoenas in the same manner as non-Congressional subpoenas.
- 9. Presumptive Right to Vote Amendment
- Any restriction/condition on the right to vote in an election open to American citizens shall be presumed unconstitutional unless in the most recent election there were at least 1/2% convictions for voter fraud unless found to the contrary by a court of competent jurisdiction but shall not take effect until the appeal process is ended voluntarily or by the courts. For justifications with 1/2% or greater no such presumption shall apply, but any court finding in favor of a finding in favor of a law that restricts/conditions the right to vote of an American citizen shall not take effect until the appeal process is ended voluntarily or by the courts.
- 10. The Legislature's Right to Vote Remotely Amendment
- Any member of either house of Congress who has registered their appropriate biometric identification shall be allowed to vote on any bill, nomination, and all other issues remotely from any terminal with secure biometric identification. Nothing herein shall be construed to change the number of votes required for a quorum of online votes to be different from the number that were previously required to be present to vote prior to the adoption of this Amendment.
- 11. One Person One Vote for President and Vice President
- The Electoral College is eliminated and replaced with one person having one vote for the Presidential candidate in a Presidential Election.
- 12 The State Governor Pardoning and Clemency and Amendment
- All granting of pardons and clemency by Governors shall only be valid for State matters and require a one-time only vote within 180-days confirming the granting thereof by at least a two-thirds approval of the respective State's Supreme Court during the current term of the Governor but in any case no later than 120 days after the Governor leaves office regardless of the reason.
- The Secure and Efficient Election Voting Amendment (SEEVA)
- The Birth Right and Naturalized Voter Registration Amendment, Right to Vote Remotely, and No Vote Option
- All persons born in the United States or naturalized shall have the right to have their biometrics such as iris, fingerprint, or other approved biometric information recorded at birth and/or subsequently and registered with the Social Security office or other designated Federal Office suitable for Identification to be recorded in a database to conclusively verify their identity for any purpose and right as a citizen to vote in any Federal election, State, County, District, City, and election open to Citizens of the United States. Nothing herein shall prevent an individual from opting in or out of said registration from at any time they chose.
- Every voting district shall establish secure online voting that allows voters to use their biometric identification to vote from any online access terminal or smartphone that has the ability to securely verify their biometric identification.
OPTIONAL BIOMETRIC VOTING INITIATIVE OBJECTIVELY USER SECURE
Some Benefits of More Secure Voting and Elections
1. For those voters who chose the option of voting in elections, referendums, and primaries from a smartphone or any biometric voting connected online device from any place in the world which would also eliminate the delays which result from the tallying of paper ballots either manually or by machine, and the time needed to receive mail in votes and even could be lost in transit.
2. Eliminates the need for a government photo voter I.D. and the greater ease of voting will result in higher voter participation and more confidence the validity of the election results.
3. For those voters who prefer to go to the poles to vote, they could go to any place where there’s a voting machine that could access their biometric I.D. stored in the Cloud for both verifying their identity and the ballot that appropriate for them to vote on and after voting receive a printout/unique alphanumeric code (UAC) to match the voter’s input to prevent any alteration of their vote while still keeping the voter’s identity secret and preventing fraud.
4. Prevents multiple voting and fraudulent voting by those who aren’t eligible to vote.
5. Efficient because there’s no need to go to the poles which saves the environment and the cost of mailing, going to and from the poles, the cost of pole workers, eliminates lost ballots, and tallies the votes instantly on the night of the election.
6. Ability to wait to vote on the day of the election or in case you’ve had a change of heart and want to change your vote.
7. Eliminates voter intimidation.
8. It could also be used to sign ballot initiatives online in order to be qualified to be put on the ballot.
9. This would save California the cost of printing and mailing ballots as well as the cost of counting them.
Biometric identification could replace the need for notaries, bank and credit card transactions, Passports, e-signing of legal documents, and Driver’s licenses, etc.
- Below is a summary of some ideas that could promote a better society and some other miscellaneous endeavors, the first of which will become a totally standalone website that will have 501(c)(3) charitable tax-exempt status:
- Rein in Sexual Abuse and Harassment
- Www.TheSameWebsite.com (Sexual Abuse Must End) (SAME) website will fulfill a need that couldn’t be more timely: the reining in of sexual abuse and harassment. After reading about the website below, if you’re on the SAME page with us, consider whether a proud sponsorship or endorsement of the website is right for you. Just imagine all of the positive feedback and good will that you’d enjoy, and then decide to help us solve some of the most refractory and vexing problems of our times.
- Because all victims have the SAME confidential unique nonprofit website to report sexual abuse and harassment makes it more likely abusers will ultimately be found out. Confidentiality is assured because only people’s initials will be recorded, so hackers can’t get potentially defamatory information. A victim/their representative will be able to report instances of sexual harassment, bullying or other improper treatment and the initials of the perpetrator with the details of the abuse. After a victim/their representative registers an offense they’ll be confidentially notified of substantially similar reports. The notifications won’t include the initials of the alleged abusers or specific details, which if known by the victims would impugn their veracity. A victim who learns of the existence of other relevant reports should be less reluctant to come forward because they’ll know they aren’t alone, which is the reason they reported to SAME in the first place. But even if no one else reports the same perpetrator, the fact the report was made sooner rather than later after the alleged abuse/harassment than it might otherwise have been without the SAME website the greater legal relevancy it will have to any subsequent investigation and determination of the victim's veracity.
- Reports that are independently made by individuals, who have no knowledge of the another’s claim until one or more of the victims comes forward are more likely to be valid than potential copycat accusations after a victim goes public. The SAME website discourages false reporting because the veracity of individuals who accuse multiple people would be highly suspect. This should make those sexual predators the website doesn’t deter more likely to be successfully prosecuted and held accountable for their victims’ horrendous suffering and anguish. Sexual relationships should only be between individuals who are mutually desirous of sharing intimacy and have the legal capacity to consent.
- If you’re interested in learning more, I’d like to discuss the possibility of getting some assistance at realizing my methods for the good of justice for all and society.. If you’re interested in learning more, I’d like to discuss the possibility of getting some assistance at realizing my methods for the good of justice for all and society.
- The Misunderstood Effects of Higher Tax Rates on Big Business
- Common wisdom is that high tax rates on big business lowers employment by reducing profit needed for investment and expansion which disincentives increasing employment. But I believe that the exact opposite is true because Big Business got big by wanting more and more profit and generally does whatever is necessary to grow. Therefore, if the tax rates are raised on Big Business in order to get more profit it raises its activity by among other things hiring more employees.
- This may surprise you, but I against impeaching President Trump even if he was convicted by the Senate, which of course he wouldn’t be. Why you as? Because then President Pence would pardon him. Obviously, President Trump can’t pardon himself, so if he thinks that he might not be reelected he’ll probably resign a few days before his term ends, so that then President Pence could pardon him and there’d be nothing anyone could do about it. Then Trump could no longer be indicted and receive the punishment that he deserves.
- Therefore, as a precaution in case he doesn’t win reelection or even if he does, Trump will resign, but since he’d still be on the ballot, if he won reelection, he’d become President again but have been pardoned. Thus, even if Trump is reelected but hasn’t been pardoned and then the next President is a Democrat, it will be too late for him to get pardoned except that he could still resign before his inauguration and then retake the Presidency when he's inaugurated as the winner of the election. So, what do you think?
- President Trump insists that we don't have a country if we don't have secure borders, but without secure elections we don't have a country with borders to secure. And now we know that President Trump said to the Russian representatives in the Oval Office that, "I'm not concerned with Russian election interference because we and everyone else interferes with other countries elections." President Trump admits that he's not concerned about whether our elections are secure, so having said that who needs impeachment and conviction because he can't run for President having that?
- Declare Dreamers Naturalized Citizens
- 1. A child shouldn't be punished who did nothing wrong related to the reason they are being punished.
- 2. Deporting a child equals the punishment of banishment although the person being deported did nothing wrong and isn't a criminal.
- 3. Requiring a Dreamer to meet special requirements to become a citizen is a form of punishment for an act of their parent(s) for which they had no responsibility and shouldn't be held liable.
- 4. The doctrine of adoption and condonation should apply to a Dreamer who lived the majority of his or her life as de facto naturalized citizen.
- 5. Dreams rights would be protected and their punishment prohibited under the 14th Amendment.
- Amendment XIV
- Section 1.
- All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
- Pragmatic Firearms Regulation
- The easiest way to control the problems with semi-automatic weapons and handguns is not to ban assault weapons altogether but rather to restrict the funcutnionality that they can have if owned by civilians:: such as their rate of fire aka rounds/minute and their muzzle velocity, of all firearms and limit the number of firearms and magazines and the total amount of ammunition a person may carry, and prohibit bullets that expand rather than outlawing any specific weapon types or styles or add on devices, e.g., assault weapons and bump stocks. That way creative individuals can't invent around the specific device restrictions of the law. That would eliminate need for ad hoc gun regulation.
- All fire arms including those of law enforcement should only be fireable by predesigned individuals whose biometric is stored in the memory of the firing mechanism and a record made and stored in the cloud/elsewhere of when and where who fired the weapon which would keep children and criminals from using the firearms.. The biometric locking can be unlocked with a physical key or code entry mechanism..
- When ever a firearm is fired it should take a picture of the target and record its GPS location and who pulled its trigger to memory in the firearm and/or the cloud.. The same requirements, should also be applied to stun guns and containers of containers of chemical irritants other weapons where possible..
- These suggestions are in addition to comprehensive background checks and the other common-sense requirements that could also reduce firearm violence and accidents..
- The Second Amendment to the US Constitution
- Could the Second Amendment to the US Constitution be ruled unconstitutional because it should be ruled void for vagueness?
- Mkscelaneous Ruminaions
- No one or organization should be allowed to make phone calls from a phone number that can't be called back to reach a live person.
- All children in pre K through K12 should have their vision and hearing tested annually to discover if they have a hidden problem that could be misdiagnosed as a learning disability.
- World Organization for Multilateral Arms Neutralization
- W*O*M*A*N (Woman)
- Taking the first step on the way to the total elimination of weapons of mass destruction could turn back the hands of the nuclear doomsday clock making everyone lot safer than we are now. No countries with nuclear weapons would be willing to get rid of their nuclear weapons unless all would. And what’s the probability of that happening anytime in the foreseeable future? Zero!
- Every country that has nuclear weapons would remove all of its nuclear warheads from their launching devices and put them into storage sites of their own choosing that they’d secure 24/7 with armed guards. Outside each storage site there would also be an unarmed group of international observers that would monitor the sites 24/7 in order to verify the continuing storage of the warheads or report to Woman that they’ve been removed. Any country could withdraw from the Woman agreement by giving a 90-day notice of their intent to remove their warheads, however, there wouldn’t be anything to prevent a country from removing their warheads without notice.
- Some of Woman’s Benefits
- In the event that a potential nuclear missile was detected headed toward the US or any other country we/they wouldn’t be forced to decide in scant 3 to 20 minute time frame whether or how to retaliate because we’d/they’d know that there couldn’t be a lot more nuclear missiles on the way. And because our and their country’s nuclear warheads would be in storage we/they wouldn’t be able to retaliate until we/they remounted our/their nuclear warheads which would mean additional time to determine the origin of the rogue missile along with the possible response options. Because countries with nuclear arms would retain total control of their nuclear arms while they’re in storage they’re more likely to agree to Woman. Woman would greatly reduce probability of an accidental or rogue-terrorist launch of a nuclear weapon triggering a nuclear holocaust and thus make the world a much safer place. And hopefully Woman could be the first step to the complete elimination of all weapons of mass destruction.
- Miscellaneous Ruminations:
- No phone calls should be allowed from phone numbers that don't can't be returned called to the calling number or at least another phone number with a live person..
- Suggestions for the Democratic Party
- Change the slogan "Black Lives Matter" to Black Lives Matter Too,"
- Health Care Hypocrisy
- Can it be anymore disingenuous and hypocritical for the Republicans to be for the Right to Life but be against the universal right to affordable health care for everyone because without one's health one has nothing?
- Bribery is an Impeachable Offense
- When a President states that he'll only appoint a nominee to The Supreme Court if they promise that they'll vote a certain way on a particular matter(s) that might be heard by The Supreme Court or any Court, that implies Bribery by the President of the Nominee with the offer of a lifetime appointment to the Court and Bribery is listed in the Constitution as an impeachable offense regardless of whether the Judge accepts the Bribe. A Judge who participates in the negotiations with the President or his agent and agrees to accept the Bribe would also have committed an impeachable offense of Bribery, High Crimes or Misdemeanors whether or not they follow though in their future decisions on matters that become before them irrespective of their recusals.
- The Ultimate Irony
- President Trump insists that we don't have a country if we don't have secure borders, but without secure elections we don't have a country with borders to secure.
- President Trump, said that he’d shut down the Government if Congress didn’t approve funding for the “Wall”. I’m fine with that just as long as it’s the Mexican Government he shuts down, because he said that Mexico was going to pay for the “Wall”.
- President Trump is quite correct when he says that the Mueller investigation is a Witch Hunt as to which of his associates will be the next to be convicted.
- Although it isn't a legal requirement, in order to prevent future debacles such as a President Trump,refusing to disclose their tax returns, political parties should require their primary candidates for President and Vice-President candidates as well as congressional candidates to disclose their income tax returns.
- The Democratic Party’s candidates need to stop saying they want to repeal the tax cuts and begin to talk about rebalancing and equalizing the tax cuts for greater fairness and making them permanent for the middle class. And likewise, they need to explain that without health care other human rights won’t matter. Simply being anti President Trump isn’t going to cut it because there’s never going to be enough Democratic Senators to convict a President Trump even if he was impeached by a majority Democratic House of Representatives.
- To win the Democratic Party’s candidates need to focus on positive issues and an agenda that the majority of the voters can relate to! Democrats should consider the following way to explain marginal tax rates: If someone earns $500/hour for 8-hours a day, 40-hours a week, and 52-weeks a year including for two weeks paid vacation, that equals an income of $1,000,000 per year. If that individual pays the same tax rate as everyone else on who earns $1,000,000 or less but has to pay an additional 15% only on their earnings over $500 per hour, should they really be complaining? And if they earned $10,000,000 per year which is $5,000 per hour and have to pay an additional 5% for a total rate 20% more than the basic rate for income of $1,000,000 or less only on their earnings over $10,000,000, but should they really be complaining?
- President Trump may have made a tactical mistake by nominating Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court because he’ll have to explain his opinion that Congress should pass a law preventing the investigation or incitement of a President while they’re in office. That implies that it’s constitutional to both investigate and indict a sitting President. I doubt that’s the result President Trump wanted to hear. Could then be a case of "Be careful what you which for."
- Does President Trump's comment that because the people of Crimea speak Russian it was ok for Russia to annex Crimea imply that if and when the majority of people in California speak Spanish, that President Trump would approve the future annexing of California by Mexico?
- Democrats shouldn't call themselves either socialists or capitalists, but instead they should call for a Blended Economic System that cherry picks the best of capitalism aka market system economics and socialism to be blended into what I call Blended Economics and they can be known as Economic Pragmatists because Social Security, Unemployment Insurance, and Medicare are socialistic ideas that seem to work.
- I didn’t originate the proposal, but I highly recommend that you support the initiative to essentially replace current effects of the Electoral College with the popular vote without amending the Constitution at: https://www.nationalpopularvote.com
- Below is a summary of some ideas that political parties could promote the last of which will become a totally standalone website that will have 501(c)(3) charitable tax-exempt status.
- The Real Reason Some People Prefer Analog To Digital
- There’s a problem that has been ignored by the entire music industry which I believe is really important for music-lovers that I think you may want to investigate, the greater pitch accuracy, higher signal to noise ratio, and higher dynamic range of digital notwithstanding. Approximately 35 years ago when digital media was introduced to the music consuming public as a media with “Perfect Sound Forever” the music industry made a huge screw up when it got the playback polarity of digital music on CDs and later DVDs, etc., in reversed (inverted polarity). On a purely random basis that means that digital media and files are heard in the wrong polarity approximately 85% of the time and either 92% wrong or correct when audio systems are set to a fixed playback polarity.
- The result is that the music played in inverted polarity sounds harsh and two-dimensional. And that’s probably the major reason that some music-lovers still believe (without knowing the real reason) that analog sounds better than digital. Analog media plays in the correct polarity over 99.9% of the time but also sounds bad if played in inverted polarity. It’s difficult if not impossible to make meaningful comparisons of the fidelity and musicality of media and audio components when they aren’t playing in absolute polarity. The better the playback system the easier it is to hear the differences in polarity. Confusion over polarity may cause music-lovers to expend needless time and money trying to smooth out the irritating and flat sound of digital media when the real problem is music played in inverted polarity.
- This should be an object lesson on how an entire industry with its experts and electrical engineers can get it wrong and not do anything about if for over 35 years and counting! So, it should be an object lesson that the entire industry that creates recorded music and is based upon scientific principles continues to mostly get polarity wrong.
- I've written two monographs that go into great detail about the problem at: http://www.AbsolutePolarity.com and http://www.PolarityGeorge.com. If you or anyone you know might be interested in developing The Perfect Polarizer™ that will detect and correct polarity in real-time, then please forward this email to them/encourage them to contact me, because I believe it could be accomplished with AI/App. Now, do you want to be part of the problem or part of the solution?
- Respectfully submitted,
- George S. Louis, Esq., Perfect Polarity Pundit Chief Polarity Buster of the Polarity Police
- George S. Louis, Esq., CEO
- Digital Systems & Solutions
- President San Diego Audio Society (SDAS)
- Website: www.AudioGeorge.com
- Phone: 619-401-9876
- Finding Large Primes
- Louis Numbers, Louis Primes, and Louis Bonus Primes
- I have a degree in mathematics and have created a recursive infinite series (LS) whose Louis numbers (LN) are all relatively prime and includes many prime numbers. The LNs aren’t related to Mersenne numbers and the LN get larger much faster than the numbers of the Mersenne series (MS). But because the LS is recursive it may be much easier to test and prove that a given LN of the LS is a prime than to prove that Mersenne Number (MN) is prime, MNP, i.e., it requires much less computing power (explained in the penultimate paragraph). That means that if a given prime divides a number of the LN series, that will be the only LN number it divides. And when a prime number doesn’t divide the series, there's always a repeating sequence of remainders, so that it only has to be divided into finite number of LN to prove that it will never divide an LN. The testing of LN for primality may also be done via distributed computing. I call an LN that’s prime a Louis Prime (LP). The LP Algorithm (LPA) that finds the LPs is also the 100% proof of the primality of a LP or the primality of a test divisor of a LN that I call a Louis Bonus Prime (LBP) and when that test divisor is larger than any known prime the test divisor itself might be large enough itself qualify for a prize.
- Now that the $100,000 prize has been won by UCLA for finding a prime number with more than 10^7 digits there's still a total of $400,000 of the original $500,000 prize money remaining and for finding a prime number of 10^8 $150,000 and $250,000 for finding a prime number of 10^9 or more digits. Please see: https://www.eff.org/awards/coop/rules for a detailed description of the contest and prizes.
- The recursive sequence I developed is related to the solution of the following problem that I created: Find five different numbers all > 1 such that the sum of the five numbers equals the product of the five numbers.
- A, B, C, D, and E are such that: A + B + C + D + E = ABCDE, Where: A > B > C > D > E > 0. You don’t have to solve the problem to work on the computer program because I’ve already found the solution. But if you want a big hint on solving the problem, I'll be happy to give you one.
- I have some additional information regarding my method of finding large prime numbers that you may want to review and then perhaps consider following through with my proposal.
- If we have enough computing resources and time, when a Test Divisor (TD) of a Louis Number (LN) is larger than any known prime number, there are only two possibilities, that it will either never divide a LN or divide a LN, so eventually by the process of elimination we'll either find a larger LP (that I call a Louis Bonus Prime (LBP)) or that proves that because the TD that divides an LN is larger than any known prime number, so either way we would win the prizes if we do it before anyone using different approaches does. Thus at least we know that sooner or later we would find prime numbers larger than any known prime number!
- Finding large prime numbers with the LPA is more efficient than finding large prime numbers among MNs because it’s a necessary but not a sufficient condition that MN = 2^n -1 can only prime when n is prime. Thus, whenever n is greater than the largest known prime you either have to test that MN for primality or first test n for primality to potentially eliminate the need to test the MN. Because MN is much larger than n unless n's primality is known a lot of computing time could be wasted if n isn't prime. But that requires testing n for primality with every prime below its square root and then testing MN if n is prime. But with the LPA each test divisor of LNs only needs to be tested one time to either find that it’s a larger than any known prime and is an LPA or to eliminate it from ever dividing a LN which eventually we'd hope would find larger LPs. Thus, the LPA is at least several orders of magnitude a more efficient way to find large prime numbers than looking for MNP. I’ve developed a quantum computing algorithm that in less than 1 second can find 10^10^10^10^10^ distinct numbers, i.e., no two numbers are the same and all are > 1 and their product equals their sum.
- If you have any interest in working with me to win the $400,000 of prize money and a share of the prize money and glory, you may respond via email or call 7-days a week from 10:30AM to 11:45PM Pacific Time to
- toll free 888-588-9542.
- Respectfully submitted,
- George S. Louis, Esq., CEO
- Digital Systems & Solutions
- President San Diego Audio Society (SDAS)
- Email: George@IdeaGeorge.com