www.IdeaGeorge.com All of the following statements are opinion pieces the factuality of which are up to the discretion of the reader and are offered as starting points for discussion and consideration for those interested in improving our government and society in general.
Self Defense is Subsumed in theConstitution Under the Declaration of Independence.
The American Declaration of Independence Second Paragraph states, “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” Therefore, since, “…Life…” is an unalienable Right, it follows that self-defense and the defense of the life of others that there’s an unalienable Constitutional Right of a woman to obtain an abortion to preserve her life and the rights of those who perform an abortion for that purpose. Because nowhere in the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution is the protection of the Life mentioned for a fetus or is a fetus defined as being the equivalent of a person with that protection, abortion is a Constitutional Right. Further, "…the pursuit of Happiness...” includes the health of the pregnant woman and not being required to carry a non-consensual pregnancy to term..
Much Worse Than We Thought
Ultimately, the only long-term solution to keep our democratic form of government is to increase the number of liberal pro-democracy justices on the Supreme Court because otherwise any legislation passed by Congress that the anti-democratic pro-autocracy minority doesn’t agree with will be challenged in the Supreme Court and overturned by its currently conservative six to three majority.
The Supreme Court and all Federal Courts Rebalancing, Democratization and Continuation Amendment
The Supreme Court Shall permanently be an odd number of Justices to be determined by a majority vote of both Congress and each Federal Court shall have a permanent odd number of Justices.
All Supreme Court Justices and Federal Judges shall serve only once for a term of eight years in all Federal Courts unless elevated to a higher Court in which case they’ll get an additional four years each time for a lower court and eight years for the Supreme Court.
The President shall nominate prospective Justices and the Senate shall give its advice and consent by majority vote.
The President may only appoint a maximum of two Justices during his or her per his current four-year term to any Court and if additional vacancies occur and there’s two years or less left in the current term of the President, then the President’s nominee must be confirmed by a majority vote of both houses of Congress. This restriction shall not be applicable to the initial increase of the number of Justices.
If a nominee isn’t confirmed within ninety days, then that nominee shall serve until the next election, if a subsequently confirmed he or she’s total term including the temporary appointment shall still be eight years.
If a current Justice’s term expires while they’ve begun deliberations on a case, then their vote on that case shall be counted in the Court’s decision.
If there are an even number of Justices due to a vacancy or recusals, then all Justices except those recused shall vote on the matter and have their opinions published, but to avoid tie votes one Justice’s vote shall not be counted toward the Court's ruling as determined by a random drawing.
Democrats should stop worrying about eliminating the Filibuster because just as with the Supreme Court appointments as soon as the hypocritical Republican Party gets control of the senate by even if only by a tie breaking vote by their VP, they’ll eliminate the Filibuster to enable them to get everything they want. If the Democrats don’t eliminate the Filibuster now, it’s game over for our democracy. One way or the other the Filibuster day’s are numbered, so at least the Democrats should try to eliminate the Filibuster so that our country can reap the benefits of them passing their agenda.
Law Schools Should Stop Teaching Constitutional Law
I believe that Law Schools should stop teaching Constitutional Law as a protest of the extreme inconsistency of the US Supreme Court's decisions with well established rules for legal judgments which require a case and controversy before being taken up and decided. But the SCOTUS didn't seem to mind its hypocrisy when it ruled that State Supreme Court's rulings needed to stay within the normal bounds of Court rulings regarding the rights of the State's Legislature rights regarding elections.. The importance of the predictability of legal rulings to conform to legal norms era has ended..
George S. Louis, Esq., Phone; 619-401-9876
Dubious Legal Fee Agreements
I believe that Hybrid aka blended contingency fee agreements hourly fee agreements that are part contingency fee and part hourly should be prohibited because they are de facto hourly fee agreements but only at a lower hourly rate that tend to be misleading to the client and might temp some unethical attorneys to take questionable or unwindable cases especially when their business is slow. I think that those fee arrangement are probably a major source of client complaints about their attorney’s representation and fees. Attorneys need do one or the other but not both! When an attorney is working on a straight contingency basis the attorney must really believe in his client’s case because otherwise if he or she does’t win for their client they’ve worked for nothing, so they must really believe in their client’s case. To me, the problems that this presents are somewhat analogous to problems of a dual agency representations in real estate agree in a real estate broker commission agreements that only missed being banned in the California Legislature by one vote and are fraught with numerous problems.
OPTIONAL BIOMETRIC VOTING INITIATIVE OBJECTIVELY USER SECURE
Some Benefits of More Secure Voting and Elections
1. For those voters who chose the option of voting in elections, referendums, and primaries from a smartphone or any biometric voting connected online device from any place in the world which would also eliminate the delays which result from the tallying of paper ballots either manually or by machine, and the time needed to receive mail in votes and even could be lost in transit.
2. Eliminates the need for a government photo voter I.D. and the greater ease of voting will result in higher voter participation and more confidence the validity of the election results.
3. For those voters who prefer to go to the poles to vote, they could go to any place where there’s a voting machine that could access their biometric I.D. stored in the Cloud for both verifying their identity and the ballot that appropriate for them to vote on and after voting receive a printout/unique alphanumeric code (UAC) to match the voter’s input to prevent any alteration of their vote while still keeping the voter’s identity secret and preventing fraud.
4. Prevents multiple voting and fraudulent voting by those who aren’t eligible to vote.
5. Efficient because there’s no need to go to the poles which saves the environment and the cost of mailing, going to and from the poles, the cost of pole workers, eliminates lost ballots, and tallies the votes instantly on the night of the election.
6. Ability to wait to vote on the day of the election or in case you’ve had a change of heart and want to change your vote.
7. Eliminates voter intimidation.
8. It could also be used to sign ballot initiatives online in order to be qualified to be put on the ballot.
9. This would save California the cost of printing and mailing ballots as well as the cost of counting them.
Biometric identification could replace the need for notaries, bank and credit card transactions, Passports, e-signing of legal documents, and Driver’s licenses, etc.
Respectfully submitted, George S. Louis, Esq., Phone: 619-401-9876
What's something exciting your business offers? Say it here.
Say something interesting about your business here.
What's a product or service you'd like to show.
We love helping business owners by creating individualized advertising plans that will help them reach their goals. Contact us today to see what we can do for you.